PDA

View Full Version : Macro to Format Object

robhigg_76
03-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I am trying to create a macro that would pop the "Format Object" pop up for a shape/image/placeholder when it is active by hitting "CNTRL 1" (Just like excel). I have not been able to accomplish this in the least.

Would anyone have a suggestion about how to go about this?

Thanks

Killian
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't think there is a way to do this in PowerPoint... it's quite limited in that respect. Even if you created an event-enabled addin, there are no keyboard events available to work with so I don't believe code is the answer.
At the moment the quickest (only) way to get to that dialog via the keyboard is:
ALT+"o" then "o" again
Other than that, you could add the command button to on of your toolbars or your own custom one in the traditional manner (Tools|Customize then in 'Commands' select the 'Format' category, scroll down to find the 'Format Object...' command and drag the button to a toolbar. At least its only one click away then...

Anne Troy
03-11-2005, 06:45 PM
What will you do with the object then?

robhigg_76
03-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Once the window pops, i can change the size, color, border, etc.... looking for a quicker way to format a presentation....

Knew about the buttom mentioned above. Short-term fix.... just wished there was a shortcut for it...

thanks