PDA

View Full Version : MI Data via User Form

phendrena
10-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi there,

I'm looking for some assistance with the following, as frankly, i've got no idea how to do what I want to do (limited vba knowledge).....

OK....

I've got a workbook setup whereby the user via a user from inputs data. This data is then transferred to a data worksheet. Using the data on this worksheet what I would like to do, preferably via a user form, is to produce some basic MI information.

I've really got no idea where to start with setting up a user form that will pull data based on what the user selects on the form.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I've attached a copy of the wrokbook for you to look at.

The data is taken from the inbound call log.

Thanks,

GTO
10-11-2008, 03:34 AM
Only if handy, not inconvenient, and for my education, what's an MI?

Thank you so much,

Mark

phendrena
10-11-2008, 03:51 AM
Only if handy, not inconvenient, and for my education, what's an MI?

Thank you so much,

Mark

MI = Management Information

Basically a flashly phrase for statistical information

Bob Phillips
10-11-2008, 04:01 AM
I would have thought a userform is the WORST MI medium you could come up with. Don't you want pivots, charts or tables?

On top of that there is no data there to look at.

phendrena
10-11-2008, 04:19 AM
I would have thought a userform is the WORST MI medium you could come up with. Don't you want pivots, charts or tables?

On top of that there is no data there to look at.

I agree that a user form isn't ideal but the workbook is shared and as such i can't really use pivot tables to produce the data. To be honest i rarely use pivot tables and prefer to make my own custom layouts without using pivots.

If there was a way to use a user form and include graphs, that'd be grand but i'm guessing i can't! The data for this particular MI is going to be rather basic.

The user chooses an option from the two combo boxes and in theory, it's then populated with Dealer Name, Dealer Number and the Count of Reason For Call.

I've attached a copy of the workbook wuth some data included.

I'm fully open to suggestions - ideally i'm trying to make this stupidly easy for the end user (got to assume everyone else in the office is a thick as two short planks).

Bob Phillips
10-11-2008, 04:29 AM
ah shared workbooks - I NEVER use them, very bad.

You need a lookup key, which is unique. I thought Dealer key would do it, but there can be multiple entries per dealer key, so you would need some scrolling mechanism, and still some unique value to tie the update back to.

phendrena
10-11-2008, 04:45 AM
ah shared workbooks - I NEVER use them, very bad.

You need a lookup key, which is unique. I thought Dealer key would do it, but there can be multiple entries per dealer key, so you would need some scrolling mechanism, and still some unique value to tie the update back to.

OK...... can you provide any examples as my vba knowledge is down at the novice level. I'm not looking for a full blown solution just some pointers and suggestions, preferably with some example code that I could play around with. If you could suggest something online that i could have a read through too that would also be very nice.

Thanks