PDA

View Full Version : I would like to encrypt some data. How?

madona33
10-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi every body,:hi::hi:,

This is my first post in this fantastic forum and I need really your help very urgent :help

I've an order form (excel) for our company where the costumers have to enter there card details before the send it back to us per email. To enter the card details I've created a user form so that they (the costumers) will be asked to enter the card details and then to press enter (or OK-button in the user form). As soon as they hit Ok, the card details (and other details like card holder, address, and , and,.....

I would like to run a code (vba) to encrypt the first 12 digits of the card no. (on the user form should the digits appear normal but when they hit OK-button the first 12 digits of the card-details should change to stars(***) on the actual order form ( I don't want them to send us the order form per email or post with the visible card details). then I would like to create a button on the order form so that when we receive the order form, we need to hit that button to decrypt the card detail but this button has to ask for a password to be able to decrypt the details.

Please I need it very urgent.

Thanks a lot :peace:

Madona33

mdmackillop
10-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Madona,
Welcome to VBAX
This uses the work in this KB Item (http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=951). The second yellow cell is used to store the encrypted form of the card number.
Regards
MD