PDA

View Full Version : Word bookmark

peechara
10-12-2008, 12:11 AM
hi guys,

I been working on an assignment... i stuck with a problem for previous and next button in my userform the code... Any help would be appreciated

thanxx jay

Demosthine
10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey there Jay.

First, thank you for saying that this is a homework assignment in your link. Although we don't have problems helping with homework here on the Forum, we limit it more to explaining the problem and solution rather than giving you the code you need. That being said, I'll help you walk through this.

Reply back answering the following questions.

01.) What are the two primary methods for accessing a Bookmark?

02.) Of the two methods, does one of them make more sense to use in order to move forward or backward between Bookmarks?

03.) Is there a certain Property in the Bookmarks collection that would enable you to quickly and easily move to the first and last Bookmark?

Always here to help.
Scott

P.S. When is the assignment due?

peechara
10-12-2008, 11:37 PM
its actually one more day to go thats the reason i posted it up... i have tried different codes didnt help me get any further

thank you jay

Demosthine
10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Well seeing as your one day would appear to be up and you didn't reply back with the answers to my questions, I'm afraid I can't help you more. Best of luck on your project.

Scott

fumei
10-14-2008, 09:34 AM
1. I am surprised whoever is the teacher did not mention/insist that you use Option Explicit. You really should.

2. Using numerics in the Textbox to detrmine what bookmark to go to is a poor design. I can see why you may do this for a learning experience, but in the real world, it would likely be a bad idea.

3. Naming is important. Again, I can see for a learning experience you would use "Bookmark1", Bookmark2" etc., but it is a poor design.

And THAT is why you may have issues with navigation between bookmarks. Note that your "Previous Bookmark" button is named CommandButton3. Not good naming.

BTW: have you looked in Help? I suggest you do. I got your userform to work...sort of.

Augest
10-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Fumei, is it possible to see that userform?
I also need an userform for bookmarks.

fumei
10-20-2008, 07:41 AM
You "need" a userform? Perhaps you do, but no, sorry I will not post the one I fixed and made work. I am not sure what you mean by "I also need an userform for bookmarks."

"Also"? Your userform IS about bookmarks.

I made some suggestions. Try working on that. If you have a specific question, I will be glad to help. However, it is your assignment...I have no intention of doing it for you.

Did you look in Help?