PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Management

Ledgen81
10-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi, I am brand new to VBA an I am stuck on how to construct my first project. I need to make a program for inventory managment, where the reorder point, reorder quanitity, setup cost, holding cost, and penalty cost are fixed values. It also needs to include lead time, demand rate, and production which are limit values produced using a random generator function.
Total Inventory cost = setup cost + Holding Cost + penalty cost, and this should be calculated and displayed in a message box.

Last it has to calculate Average Daily Cost = Total Inventory Cost/Lapsed Time, where lapsed time = the time it took to run the program.

Please if anybody help me with code it would greatly appreciated i'm really in a jam here!!!!!

Bob Phillips
10-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Why do you need VBA? What you describe seems like a simple spreadsheet to me, with calculations for total inventory cost.

Ledgen81
10-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Well if you can set up a spreedsheet that can do all of that then I can just record a macro for it and go from there.

Bob Phillips
10-13-2008, 08:52 AM
You aren't hearing me, what would a macro do that a simple spreadsheet cannot? I don't think you need a macro.

Do you have the basic spreadsheet layout and designed?

Ledgen81
10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
I need something like this sample one that I have attached. The stuff about safety can be neglicted.. the file I attached is in Excel 2003 so you might have to convert it to open it

GTO
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I need something like this sample one that I have attached. The stuff about safety can be neglicted.. the file I attached is in Excel 2003 so you might have to convert it to open it

200 kb w/no code and may need converted, I was sorta expecting several spreadsheets, lots of formatting, etc.

This is a picture of spreadsheets pasted to a spreadsheet... While the toolbar layout is interesting, in all fairness,
Well if you can set up a spreedsheet that can do all of that then... sounds like you want soemeone to do your project for you. Do you have a sheet layed out?

Mark

Aussiebear
10-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Seems the screenshot is of the Inventory Manager Pro for Excel program, Summary sheet. If you think its such a great concept, why not buy the program? As you would be aware the program is available through RegNow for $139.95 USD

After all the programmer has already been through the stuff you want us to create for you for nothing.

rbrhodes
10-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi Ledgen81,

I think what these fine folks are trying to tell you is work up a small sample spreadsheet of what you have/want/need. eg before and after would help.

Post that small example and maybe we can help you make it work and teach you something about Excel and /or VBA as well...

Perhaps your needs are so much simpler than the program you've used as an example that you don't need to purchase a full fledged inventory program BUT you have to give us something to work with.

Worth a shot n'est-ce pas?