PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Take a .gif from a zip file

Movian
10-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Hey,
i was wondering if anyone has some code or links for information on how to perform operations with zip files from within VBA. Create zips extract files from them. Encrypt and add passwords to zip files.

Ideally i need to just be able to extract a single file at a time. All other operations are a Bonus but i am interested in them too.

Demosthine
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Good Evening.

Are you trying to use the native Windows Compressed Folder (which is built-in Zip) or are you willing to use 3rd party software? There are numerous packages that enable command-line execution of their compression software including PkZip, WinRar, and PowerArchiver last I knew.

Regarding using the native Windows Compressed Folder, I honestly have no idea, but I'll try to check into it tomorrow. I should be able to reply back with an answer by late evening.

If you come across an answer sooner, I'd love to see it.
Scott

Movian
10-14-2008, 05:44 AM
i was hoping to use the native windows functionality.
As we deliver this product to customers i wish to use as little 3rd party software as possible. if that wasn't an issue i would go ahead and use somthing like winrar command line. However i would prefer to do it in code direct from access.

if i have to i shall even read the white papers on zip programs and create my own. However that seems a waste of time when windows can do it for me :D and as every one of our clients is on XP or vista its not so much a 3rd party program as an available resource.

As long as they are unable to tell its another program doing the zipping / unziping then i have met my goal

Carl A
10-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Ideally i need to just be able to extract a single file at a time. All other operations are a Bonus but i am interested in them too.

Try these for unzipping there is a link for zipping

http://www.rondebruin.nl/windowsxpunzip.htm

Movian
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Great link ! :D

thanks for the help

Demosthine
10-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Evening All.

That was an awesome link, Carl. I haven't played with the Shell.Application Object very much, but I'm definitely going to have to check into it's abilities now. It still amazes me how absolutely powerful technology has become...

Scott