PDA

View Full Version : Solved: List help

Tommy
10-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Another one I inherited.:banghead:

In cell F2,F3,F4 I have what I believe is a list. I can't change the source to it at all. :motz2: The list is coming from Q35. I can change the contents but I want the contents of U35-U65 to be in the drop down list. I tried the design view no worky. I think I have so much difficulty because I use a RPN calculator.:dunno

I asked the guy that wrote it, he forgot and can't figure it out either.:rotlaugh:

Bob Phillips
10-14-2008, 08:22 AM
It is Data Validation. Select the cells, goto Data>Validation, and change the source.

Tommy
10-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank you so much.

Now I can fix the formulas that I messed up trying to fix that.

Thanks so much, you would not believe how much that helped!!

lucas
10-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi Tommy, must have been an okie that put it together...after the game with texas last week I'm starting to think we can't do anything right.

Tommy
10-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Hey Steve, :hi:

I don't think he is an okie. He is ex-navy by way of MI through LA. In case you can't tell that is my screw count page. That was all it was when I got my grimey little hands on it.

I enter the building information on it and it tells me how many screws, clips, how much tape seal .... that goes into the building. I can enter the infomation in about 5 minutes. It saves about an hour or more. I have my detailers starting to use it and now we are all on the same page :)

I have had to go to college ball, the pro team here leaves a lot to be desired. LOL