PDA

View Full Version : link workgroup database

Ronald_yoh
10-15-2008, 05:02 PM
anyone knows how to link a table in access if the source table is in the workgroup database (.mdw)?

e.g. database A = a.mdb and database B = b.mdb; b.mdw. how do i create a link table in DB A pointing to DB B?

CreganTur
10-16-2008, 05:04 AM
This may be a stupid question, but have you used: File -> Get External Data -> Link Tables?

Ronald_yoh
10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
dude... ur answer's absolutely stupid!!!.... i wouldn't ask for that freakin' simple question.. i'm not a newbie here!!...

the thing is the DB B is in workgroup... you need to have the right permission to link the table from DB B!!!

NOTE: Mind your language.. mate..!!!

CreganTur
10-17-2008, 08:05 AM
dude... ur answer's absolutely stupid!!!.... i wouldn't ask for that freakin' simple question.. i'm not a newbie here!!...

My suggestion was not intended to insult you. I don't use Access's workgroups to manage my databases (for various reasons), so I am not familiar with them. I can understand your frustration, but I really did not appreciate your response.

anyone knows how to link a table in access if the source table is in the workgroup database (.mdw)?
A little google time took me to this thread (http://www.mdbmakers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114800) that will help you link to your MDE.

Ronald_yoh
10-17-2008, 12:22 PM
mate.. sorry.. was just too many pressures at work and been trying to get this solution for more than a month....

we're cool mate....

cheers...