PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Follow-Up Timesheet Query

golf4
03-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi, everyone -

I believe I've posted a similar question on-board before, and received some great guidance from Jacob (THANKS, BUD!!!). I'll go ahead and give you a quick and dirty about my issue:

1. I've created a Timesheet for my agency (a large housing authority) that includes a data entry page where employees enter their hours in columns set for each of the programs we deal with. For example, Employee X will enter 5 hours in the Public Housing column and 3 hours in the Section 8 Voucher column on a Monday. In theory :rofl , employees would enter their hours everyday in the applicable program columns;

2. The hours entered, in the data entry page, then feed over into a second worksheet where the hours are then summarized by program based on the employee and theor applicable Porgram Time % found to the right of their name in page DATA (visibility hidden). As well, the hours for Leave are tracked. This worksheet is the actual one turned in to the supervisor for review;

3. NOW MY ISSUE: Within the data entry page, I have set up a drop-down list of employee names that are tied into a VLookup table on page DATA (visibility hidden). The employee list contains all employees (maintenance, office staff, remote site staff and supervisory). Depending on the type of employee (maintenance, etc.), some of the data entry columns are not applicable. What I was hoping to allow is, depending on the "type" of employee, once they chose their name from the drop-down list, the columns that were not applicable to their position would then hide. The employee type codes can be found in DATA!Column E. I thought I had the issue addressed when I inserted a VLookup formula in DATA ENTRY SHEET!N2, but doesn't seem to work.

Jacob - you suggested I use a combobox drop-down list, but it doesn't seem to hide the coulmns and allow the Timesheet summarization based on time %s found in the VLookup table in DATA. I was asked to see if there was an alternative.

I've posted a zipped copy of the Timesheet here. THANKS ANNE!!!!! :beerchug: You'll see that I have some errant VB code included where I attempted things myself. As well, you'll probably see a lot of "enhancements" made to make the tool more user-friendly: things like wav files, warning messages, etc.
www.vbaexpress.com/EE/timesheet.zip (http://www.vbaexpress.com/EE/timesheet.zip)

Any assistance would be GREAT!!!! Again,. thanls to Jacob & Anne for their assistance.:bow: :bow: :bow:

Take care,

Frank

Jacob Hilderbrand
03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
You could have the name filled in from a Validation or Control Toolbox ListBox or ComboBox. Then when that value changes check for the category and use a Select Case to hide/unhide certain columns based on that category.

golf4
03-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Jake -

Is there a way to tie the combobox or listbox to the VLookup table so that my summarizations by time breakdown work?