PDA

View Full Version : Connection string for Access Database (LogParser)

ggrinton
10-17-2008, 05:00 AM
I have seen a few posts about LogParser here, so wonder if someone can help...

I am using the SQL output format through the LogParser COM API. In general, I can use a connection statement like:
oOutputFormat.oConnString = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=" & strMDBFile & ";"
and that works just fine.

One one computer, though (using WinXP-SP2), the attempt to execute the query fails with the error:
Error executing query: Error connecting to ODBC Server
SQL State: IM006
Native Error: 0
Error Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

The ODBC Data Source Administrator certainly shows the Microsoft Access Driver, at version 4.00.6304.00. The only strange thing I can see about it is that the File is shown as "ODBCJT32" with no date. That is different from, for example, the "Microsoft Access-Treiber" driver, where the file is shown as "ODBCJT32.DLL" with a date of 4Aug04.

An attempt to run the query with
oOutputFormat.oConnString = "Driver={Microsoft Access-Treiber (*.mdb)};Dbq=" & strMDBFile & ";"
works correctly.

So....
Do I have a problem with the ODBC driver?
How would I go about re-installing it?
(I have searched Microsoft's site for a download, but the only reference I found suggests it is part of WinXP).

(For those not familiar with LogParser - it is a bit long in the tooth now, and does not appear to be able to use any of the more recent APIs for connecting to a database. For example, I have tried Provider= Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 but with no luck at all.)

Thanks!

Geoffrey

stanl
10-18-2008, 03:33 AM
I use logparser on a regular basis with the first driver you mentioned w/no issues, so I suspect re-installing/updating MDAC on the machine in question will fix things.

There is a Provider-based add-in for log-parser, but it is not well documented and since the logparser forum got integrated into a .NET forum there is not a lot of support in general. Stan

ggrinton
10-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks stanl.
Pardon the naive question, but how do I go about reinstalling/updating MDAC. When I look at the Microsoft sites there are many references that indicate support for ODBCJT32.DLL has been dropped from recent MDAC releases. A reinstallation of the version I have would be fine! Any pointers would be welcome, thanks.
Geoffrey.