PDA

View Full Version : I have an access query which should return a row ..but its not

SmartestVEGA
10-20-2008, 08:40 AM
I have a access query which should result result. but it not resulting any results....

Shown below the access query ...i noticed that there is no result for the first query itself...(temp_promoID )

Please advice

CreganTur
10-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Welcome to the forum- always good to have new members!

Your screenshot doesn't tell us anything. You've obscured the field names so we can't tell anything about them- I understand doing this because of information security, but unless your field name itself will tell us something proprietary about your company, then there's no need to do that- it's the records you would want to protect. Field names are arbitrary.

Also, we can't see the entire query in that SS. Posting the SQL code would be much more effective!

I noticed that there is no result for the first query itself...(temp_promoID )

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. Are you saying that building a query that only pulls the field temp_promoID from its table pulls no records? If that's the case then that means there are no records in the table.

That looks like a complex query- have you tried building it in stages to make sure you're getting the right data from all of the different tables?

SmartestVEGA
10-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for replies the table which is the first box must contain some rows... because of some reason its not resulting rows.

How to check this ...?

An append query is the one which put data into that table (first box).

This append query where some data is filled to another table. But in the table which is filling the data is shown as query name (not table name)

i need to check the compatibility of data types.. how i can check this?

CreganTur
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Have you tried building this query in small sections to test the records that are returned?

Without seeing the SQL there's really no way for us to know if there is something wrong with your query.

i need to check the compatibility of data types.. how i can check this?
Look at the data type of the field by opening the table in design view.

nepotist
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
As Randy said it is hard to help if one dosent get look at you query and also the field names, to make sure you arent doing any mistake in naming them.
If you are concerned about the security, you can always replicate the tables and query with some random field names. and once that is working you could use it for your actual databse.
Please provide with the SQL or Dummy database