PDA

View Full Version : drag and drop images/dwg files in vb.6

shamsam1
10-21-2008, 12:36 AM
i am having png and dwg files with same names...from vb code i will be filtering the files and displayingthe png images..as thumbnail..

what i want is drag and drop the file to dwg viewer then related autocad file should open...

i am looking for drag and drop option...with vb.6

in my requirement i will be dragging png file but in coding i will be calling respected dwg files...

a sample screen shot i have attached ....

Demosthine
10-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey there.

So I see you are continueing the last project we worked on. What do you have so far? How about posting your project?

Scott

shamsam1
10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
hi scott

my last project which we have worked for thumbnail its on hold for time being ..

in this project i am displaying png image and i want to drag that image to autocad so that required autocad file will open..

i am attaching the code which i am using to display png images in vb.6 as thumbnail

http://www.esnips.com/web/imageviewer/

download it from here

shamsam1
10-24-2008, 02:19 AM
hi scott....

any update on drag and drop....:dunno

Demosthine
10-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Good Morning.

Sorry about the delay. I've been fairly busy lately and haven't had the chance to look too much at it.

From what I downloaded and saw, you are trying to use a Custom Control for this. Have you implemented the Control into your project yet? Would you post that project instead of the Custom Control's example? Overall, I think that this method is going to be more complicated than continueing the last project I helped with.

Scott

shamsam1
10-26-2008, 10:15 PM
hi scott

i cannot share the code..as i still dotn have full code with me..i can only send u screen short..what i am trying to do..
with csv with as database i am loading some detials in comboboxs based on slection i am dispaying png images (png)images as thumbnails..then i want to drag any thumb nail picture to dwg viewer (still dotnhave free version of dwg viewer we can use autocad2007 also) then particular dwg drawing should open..

i have attached a sample jpg image

Demosthine
10-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Good Afternoon.

When you do have the available code, go ahead and post it so that we can better help you. Without a more information and the working book, it's harder to see what you're doing versus what will work. No reason to code a bunch that doesn't do what you want.

Scott

Tommy
11-03-2008, 08:56 AM
:hi: Hi shamsam1,

I am thinking that you already have the path to the dwg file with the path to the png file right?
I am also thinking that once you have this information, when you are dragging the png file over the acad window you would be able to "release" this file and on the mouse up event tell acad to open this drawing.

You could imbed the model window in your form. This will take a long time to load.

As Demosthine said if you post some code that you are working on it will help us help you. Otherwise we would think you just want us to do it for you.

shamsam1
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
thanks tommy...

this week i am be pasting the code...only 60% of coding we are able to finish...
will be pasting the code shortly