PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Advanced help needed :S

ads_3131
10-21-2008, 12:45 AM
:dunno

Hello, compared to my simple post earlier this post is alot more complicated & would help to advance my personal VB knowledge. What i am wanting to do is:

-have a spreadsheet where from the click of a button i can browse & select a txt file to upload, (To be placed within sheet 1 of my workbook).

-Then once the txt file uploads, be presented with a popup box (either automatically/or manually from a button) asking me what information i want to look at ( like the filter option within excel which filters to the option of contains) to then copy all cells with the word included which i tell it too (such as all cells with the word "cars" etc) into a different sheet (all within the same workbook).

Is this possible? I have spoken to friends who have basic/advanced skills with excel & it proves a task to them also. Any help would be great as i know what i want to do but its doing it which i get confused at. Any code/help would be great thanks

Bob Phillips
10-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Look at GetOpenFilename of Application.FileDialog in VBA help, that will show you how to use a file dialog to browse to a file.

Would the filter, probably best to just add Autofilter to the sheet and let the users do it as and when.

ads_3131
10-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Well i fort that but most people dont know how to do that, I fort that it would be much more user friendly if their was a button to popup a message box asking what it is to contain just like the filter options dialog. Then the filtered data needs to be copied into a new sheet within the workbook. message back thanks

mdmackillop
10-21-2008, 04:16 AM
"fort"? If you mean "thought", please use it. Plain English is easier to follow.

Bob Phillips
10-21-2008, 04:58 AM
The button would drive the GetOpenFilename or FileDialog. There is absolutely no point in re-inventing wheels.