PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Create a list dependant on dropdown

Hoopsah
10-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Hi

I have a list of absentees and would like to create a list showing all the episodes they have been off.

I have created a sheet that has a couple of drop downs that hopefully when populated I would be able to list all data for said person.

I've attached a copy of what I am working on as well as a tab "What I would Like To See" which is the way I would want it to show the details and all details come from the tab "Absence_Worksheet".

I have tried Lookup's but can only ever find the first record on the list and not all the details,

Hope I've explained that ok.

Kenneth Hobs
10-22-2008, 05:10 AM
See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html

Hoopsah
10-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Aye,

probably not explaining myself properly. Thanks for the link Ken but that is for creating drop downs - I have already created them but want to display to the user all the instances of absence for a particular person.

Kenneth Hobs
10-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Have you tried an autofilter, advanced filter or pivot table?

Hoopsah
10-22-2008, 06:59 AM
I can filter the info, but I am hoping to get a VBA formula that will do it automatically when the user selects a name from the dropdown.

Bob Phillips
10-22-2008, 07:24 AM

[Admin Note]Per request, file has been removed as it appeared to contain sensitive data.[/Admin Note]

Hoopsah
10-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Fantastic!!

Exactly what I was looking for -I will sit and go over how you made this work, then I am sure I will come in tomorrow and mark it solved.

Thanks again Bob - You are a star

Gerry

Hoopsah
10-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi Bob,

I have printed off the formulas and went through them with my highlighter and felt tip pens - I have got to say I can just about work my way through and can see what it is doing - but my goodness, I would never have got that in a thousand years.

Marked as solved and once again, thank you - this is tremendous.

Cheers Bob

Gerry