PDA

View Full Version : UserForm tables

bluetide76
10-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm still new to excel vba but I was wondering if it is possible to create a table based on partial user input as well as my own setup. Odd way to word it exactly but to specify I mean that say I wanted to set up a table that will have a certain number of rows and columns based on what the user inputs. Then beyond that I want to have titles and headers that will adjust to this incrementation. I dont want the table to calculate anything or do that pivot formats of functions with list data. I just want the user to be able to specify (ex. 8 bags, 2 stores) and then it would make my prebuilt table with 8 rows naming bag1 bag2... and then the header store 1 store 2.
Also after this I was wondering if there is a way to manipulate certain cells to become dropdown boxes for the choices of <,>,=,<=,>=
Any help would be great.

This is aimed to basically grab basic user input to create a proper sized table with certain headers and row names and then the user can input further data into the fields I specify in order for me to use that in late calculations.

bluetide76
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Now that I think about it I was wondering if it might be easier creating a userform that would set up all my table data then create the table based on the data they input. How could I do this though?

bluetide76
10-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I have one userform that asks about numbers of formulas and another that asks for number of variables. Is it possible to take what the user would input here and then have the next userform it goes to adjust to those numbers? The next userform would have the proper slots for coefficents of those formulas and proper number of boxes for the number of variables. Is this possible?