PDA

View Full Version : Disabling a Word Command

wax_village
10-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Friends,

I wonder if I can disable an original (built-in) Word command. Well, one of them, namely RtlRun spoils my work while using another program. I have tried replacing it with an empty macro, but I found that it was considered as a new macro working separately (not replacing the original command).

What do you think?

Thanks is advance,
Mina

fumei
10-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Where are you putting the empty macro?

Sub RtlRun()

End Sub

should override the Sub. If you are using Normal.dot, placing the empty Sub there should override the internal one. If you are using another .dot file, put it there.

wax_village
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi Fumei,

I put it in Normal.dot, but using Public (and I have tried to omit it, as well).

Public Sub RtlRun()

End Sub

but it still works, separately "by default" as:

Normal.ThisDocument.RtlRun

instead of

RtlRun

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Mina

fumei
10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I am not following.

Normal.ThisDocument.RtlRun

instead of

RtlRun

Suggestions on what? It may help if you post actual code of what is going on.

Perhaps do not put it in ThisDocument, but a standard module. It should work in ThisDocument, but...as I do not really know what you are doing, try putting it in a standard module, not ThisDocument.

wax_village
10-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi Fumei,

I tried but it did not help. Maybe my logic is not correct.

I highly appreciate your patience.

I think that some settings of my system or Office may led to this problem as other colleagues tried the same program but they did not face any problems, they say (while others have the same problem).

It may help if you post actual code of what is going on.

It requires that you are familiar with the program and have a right-to-left language installed on your PC, and I do not like to disturb you any more.

I have tried to change any language setteing but it did not help, as well.

Many thanks,
Mina