PDA

View Full Version : Using Arabic on a userform

tatersmom
10-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Hello, I'm not confident anyone will know how to do this, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyhow just in case I'm wrong.

I'm trying to build a GUI by buiding a Userform on the VBA screen. The problem is that I need the labels and lists in the userform to appear in Arabic, as well as the data that gets sent to the spreadsheet. The code needs to be written in English though. I've found examples of how to read the country code, or the country setting, but nothing on how to set language into the code.

More simply, the users write and read Arabic, the people keeping up and writing the program write and read English.

I've got my computer set so I can type Arabic into the Excel cells, but when I try to paste an Arabic word into the Captions portion of the properties table, I just get a bunch of question marks.

Anyone have any experience in this? I gave up and went to drop down menues embedded in a worksheet as an alternative, but they really like the GUI and would really like to have it working in their language.

Thanks

Demosthine
10-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi there.

Have you tried just writing the captions in English and letting Windows do the conversion? I was working with another gentleman who said all of his Workbook was in Slavic, I think it was. He was concerned because I'm a stupid white boy who can't learn a second non-computer language to save my life. When I received and opened the file, though, the controls and VBA Code were converted to English. The Worksheet Name and Worksheet Data was still giberish to me, though.

Just a though.
Scott