PDA

View Full Version : Word 2007 VBA hangs on Word 2003 docs

Kam
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
I am aware that the problem may be a code issue, but I am going to take the step of assuming (hoping) its not the code, but a settings issue or something in Word.

I am really looking for ANY ideas or direction.

I have created a template for Word 2007. This template runs fine on both
2007 and 2003 (compat mode) docs for me and for many other customers. This is why I am guessing that this might not be a code issue per se.

One of my customers is running windows Xp and Office 2007 (I have the same set up too and don't have the same issue) and when they run the vba code on a TRUE 2007 docx (started and maintained in 2007) there are NO issues with the template. But as soon as they run it on a 2003 (or a 2003 saved to 2007) doc, the template just freezes. Stops mid way through and hangs.

I am unable to duplicate the issue and other customers are not having this same issue. I am not able to go to the customer to troubleshoot. This is all by email or phone so I can't see what is happening.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what might be causing this?
I just need some brainstorming!

Thanks!

Demosthine
10-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey there.

My bet would be that he either has a faulty installation or installed a faulty add-in, both of which can reek major havoc on a system. I would recommend he tries to repair his installation. This is usually the first step I recommend when it is an isolated issue like this.

In Microsoft Windows, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

Good luck.
Scott