PDA

View Full Version : User Form - Get data from worksheet

phendrena
10-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Hello,

Is it possible to create a user form that will search for data entered into (that is on a worksheet) it and then display this information on the user form (table formatted)? Would any be able to provide and suggestions on how best to do this.

Let me explain a little more.....

The userform will search based on the following criteria :-

Dealer Number, Dealer Name, Month, Scheme

The results of this search will then be displayed on the userform in a listbox.
Assuming that any of the search criteria is left blank then the the user form will search and include all the data in the appropriate column on the worksheet - for example, if the user leaves the Month field blank then the user form will return results for all months.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

mdmackillop
10-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Can this be done?

So the Dealer number appears against each Month? or only once with a lot of blanks? I'm not clear what result you are after.
Can you post some sample data with your userform in a workbook with clarification?

phendrena
10-31-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi,

The data can be found on the ComplaintsLog worksheet.
The search form that I am working on is frmMIData.
The data is entered using the form frmComplaintsLog.

The search form is supposed to be a quick and easy way for a user to view limited mi data. So the user enters the search criteria and the listbox is then populated with the results.

All the search criteria can appear multiple times in the worksheet. What I want the listbox to do is to show the amount of times we have had a call based on the criteria. So if search criteria was dealer name (Watermill for example) and they called 17 times (5 in March, 5 in May, 7 in October) then the results would show a total amount called in the listbox.

Example :
Search Criteria...

Dealer Number = 132AA

Listbox would show :

Month | Dealer Number | Dealer Name | Total Calls
5 | 132AA | Watermill | 2
8 | 132AA | Watermill | 5

If the search critera was Dealer Number & Month then the listbox could
show (Dealer No 132AA, Month August) :

Month | Dealer Number | Dealer Name | Total Calls
8 | 132AA | Watermill | 5

I hope that helps give you an idea of what i'm looking to do.

Thanks,