PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Format error?

grandflavour
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone.

Currently I have

textbox1.Text = Format(Cells(1, 1), "000")

Yet I get the error where "Format" is highlighted with error message:

[Cant find project or Library]

What could be the cause of this? I had it working the other day but am baffled as to why it isn't currently working.

Any help greatly appreciated!

GTO
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Greetings,

No guarantees, but if you loaded (opened) the workbook on a machine w/an older version of Excel, this can happen.

In VBE, under the Tools command, select 'References..."

See what library is missing.

Hope this helps,

Mark

grandflavour
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Mmm I tried finding references but wasn't sure which ones to add. I added a formatting one but it said unable to add.

Also It was create on my computer (excel 2003) then worked on on a different comp (excel 2003) now its not working on mine again. So I'm pretty sure its only used excel 2003 thus far.

GTO
11-03-2008, 05:50 PM
After bringing up the references dialog, see if there is one that is ticked, but notes... MISSING: (then the library name)

grandflavour
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok there does happen to be one.

MISSING: Ref Edit Control

What does that mean? Am I meant to download this library off the internet?

GTO
11-04-2008, 08:56 AM
No. I would select the MISSING item, and copy down the info below a bit on the dialog, as to the missing file's name. Then scroll down and see if you find a similar library, usually maybe a version earlier.

If so, select the available version (that is tick the box for it) and deselect the Missing one.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Bob Phillips
11-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Usually it is sufficient to just uncheck it, and not bother finding an alternative. It happens when someone may have set a reference in testing, but not for something needed in this project.

Norie
11-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Just uncheck the reference(s) that are marked as MISSING.

No need to download anything or install anything.

Unless you are actually using a RefEdit control somewhere.:)

GTO
11-04-2008, 09:10 AM
@ Bob and Norie: Good points and thanks. Mark

grandflavour
11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Haha I can't believe that's all it was! Thanks so much guys for your help. Appreciate it so much!