PDA

View Full Version : Force Macro Help.

xpenza
11-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi, i search through google and found this

vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=379

But the formula not allowed me to use the protect worksheet function, can anybody help. Many thanks.

Bob Phillips
11-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Wouldn't yiu just amend the code to unprotect the sheet(s) at the start, and protect them again at the end?

xpenza
11-04-2008, 04:50 PM
It still can't work that way, maybe is the invisible worksheet coz those problems. Anybody can help, i need to protect the worksheet and some more need to force the user to run in macro, is there any other way?

Many thanks.

Bob Phillips
11-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Tell us why it cannot work that way, seems reasonable to me.

xpenza
11-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Tell us why it cannot work that way, seems reasonable to me.

Sorry to make you confused, actually i'm newbie in VBA, i don't even know the code for the protect & unprotect the worksheet, i just use the excel function Tools-->Protection-->Protect Workbook, then the worksheet just can't work.

Actually i don't want the other user to copy the worksheet to a new worksheet where they can amend the contents.

Please enlightend me,

Many thanks.

Bob Phillips
11-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Let's take a few steps back. What do you want your project to do?

xpenza
11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Let's take a few steps back. What do you want your project to do?

Hi, actually i share my file, but i need it to be 'read-only', the others user are not allowed to change the content or even copy the worksheet to the new excel file.

But when i use the excel worksheet protection, the error message ask me the debugs it, where went wrong?

Many thanks.