PDA

View Full Version : Disable Spell Check in Word 2003

Eidolon
11-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello all,
I am a newbie to VBA and am trying to use it to disable spell check in a word document - and I mean all facets of spell check: hitting F7, running it from the tools menu, having it automatically change words, underline misspelled words etc. The code I have written so far is a hodge podge of tripe, worked once, probably does a bunch of stuff I don't need it too (I guessed on a lot of the code), and won't work again once I exported it to a new document (the code runs in the new document, but only after opening and closing it several times - and saving the document each time:doh:).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Demosthine
11-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Good Afternoon.

If your ultimate goal to just disable the Spelling and Grammar for certain Workbooks or Templates, and you truly want to "completely" disable it, you will have a number of things to do. Would you post your code you have currently so that we can help you out?

You need to:
- Disable the Tools | Spelling and Grammar Menu
- Disable the Tools | Languages Menu
- Disable the Contect Menu (Right-Click Menu) | Lookup, Synonymns, and Translate Menus.
- Disable the F7 Keypress:
As far as Mark (GTO) and I have found, F7 is the only Keypress for Spelling.
- Disable SpellingChecked and GrammarChecked for ThisDocument.

I'm not sure why you would want to restrict the User that much, though. Spelling and Grammar is a powerful tool for most users. If you can provide a little more behind it, we may be able to make some better suggestions.

Scott