PDA

View Full Version : Solved: VBA Transfering data from excel into a word document.

iamthebest
11-08-2008, 09:53 PM
thanks new thread posted in Word forums since now its a word question.

EDIT: This original post has been deleted by iamthebest the original question stated it was university assignment work where the question was to split the word "Quote" from a string "This is a quote...." from several lines, originally code was asked for to perform the task

Simon Lloyd
11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Just a note: I dont expect the answer to be given straight out to me, any guidance will help alot though.Thats good as we have a policy here on giving help with assignments or homework!

That said you need to post what code you have to show you have actually worked on it.

You might want to explore the worksheet function MID, and it would look like this: =MID(A1,11,5) i will let you fathom out why the figures and what they do, you can call on a worksheet function in vba, you could also look at the VBA "Like" and Option Compare Text, there are quite a few ways to do what you need, try exploring the help files.

iamthebest
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Finished the first part =) thanks. now the bookmark problem remains.

iamthebest
11-09-2008, 12:38 AM
thx

Simon Lloyd
11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
iamthebest, now that you have deleted your first post this thread makes no sense, please do not do this again!!!

lucas
11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
And where is the link to the word forum thread?

Simon Lloyd
11-09-2008, 05:17 PM
This is it...no relation between the two and he doesn't mention that its a university assignment! iamthebest's word thread (http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23413)