PDA

View Full Version : Tabs inside tabs?

Dokko
11-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Is it possible to have tabs inside a tab?

I've tried but the tabs just go over all work.

I've got for example 4 tabs and in the 4th tab i want to put another set of tabs but can it be done?

Thanks

OBP
11-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Yes it can, but you have to be careful when putting them on the Tab that you do not go outside the Tab Boundaries, if you do it will put them on all of the tabs. Be especially careful with the Top Right Hand corner and edge.

CreganTur
11-11-2008, 06:11 AM
Sorry, but I have to disagree. You cannot natively stack Tab controls for Access Forms.

The only way to get a tab control inside another tab control is to insert a sub form into the main tab control, and have another tab control inside your sub form. Other than that, there is no way to insert a tab control inside another tab control.

Dokko
11-11-2008, 10:33 AM
If it can be done can someone give me an example of how?

tbh, can't believe on BVA forms this is such a problem, it seems so logical.

CreganTur
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
If it can be done can someone give me an example of how?

You would need to make a new Form that is nothing but the tab control you want to be inside your main form's tab control. Then you use that Form as a Subform and place the subform inside your main form's tab control.

HTH:thumb

OBP
11-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Randy, I agree with you completely, I just assumed that they would be using a Form and put the tabs on that, not directly on the Tab itself.