PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Immediate Window statements

K. Georgiadis
03-17-2005, 06:07 AM
Could you help me with the syntax for Immediate Window statements to return the following results:

Remove Split in all worksheets
Return the number (position) of the worksheet named "Sales Summary"
Unlock cell B140 in worksheets 1 to 14
Thanks!

mvidas
03-17-2005, 06:58 AM
Hello,

1 - For Each WS In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets: WS.Activate: ActiveWindow.Split = False: Next WS

2 - Debug.Print Sheets("sales summary").Index

3 - For i = 1 To 14: Sheets(i).Range("B140").Locked = False: Next i

Should do it for you!
Matt

K. Georgiadis
03-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks! I'll give these a try

mvidas
03-17-2005, 07:42 AM
I never really use the immediate window for things like this, I always just make a sub and type all those in, then F5 to run. But either way, they should take care of what you need!
Let me know if you want any more

K. Georgiadis
03-17-2005, 07:52 AM
I tested them and they work great. Thanks again. Marking "solved"

K. Georgiadis
03-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey Matt, one more question if I may:

what would the instructions look like if I actually wanted to insert a window split on column A Row 13:

a) all worksheets in the book
b) worksheets 1 to 14

Thanks!

mvidas
03-17-2005, 12:11 PM
You may ask as many questions as you'd like. These are a little different (and a bit longer!), but:
a)
For Each WS In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets: WS.Activate: ActiveWindow.SplitColumn = 0: ActiveWindow.SplitRow = 12: Next WS

b)
For i = 1 To 14: Sheets(i).Activate: ActiveWindow.SplitColumn = 0: ActiveWindow.SplitRow = 12: Next i

K. Georgiadis
03-17-2005, 12:22 PM
that's terrific. Thank you very much.

I still have so much to learn :-(

mvidas
03-17-2005, 12:26 PM
If you're ever unsure of how to word something in vba, record a macro in excel then perform that task. You would see the format of .SplitColumn and .SplitRow that way.
Just takes practice is all :)

K. Georgiadis
03-17-2005, 12:53 PM
In the next few days I will need to create two macros whereby the click of a button will change a certain cell value in 20+ sheets to either "1" or "2" (this cell happens to be the link cell for a combo box that activates one of 2 available scenarios). I recorded this type of macro before and I will do it again for this next exercise, knowing that I will end up with a ton of unnecessary code, tracing all of my navigation steps. I will probably come here for help to streamline it a little bit. But you are absolutely right: the recorder is a great starting point for these type of macros and I will need to use it a little more consistently

mdmackillop
03-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Not just a starting point. I still use it regularly, and then edit to suit. You'll soon learn how to cut out the unnecessary Select and other verbiage.