PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Tables

ccollins48
11-18-2008, 02:07 PM
I have two tables in my data base that are the same, table [ItemMast] which is imported and table [ItemMast2] which is also imported. Currently my data base is referencing the [ItemMast] table, but I would like to replace the [ItemMast] with the updated [ItemMast2] table. When I change the the [ItemMast] table name to [ItemMast1] and the [ItemMast2] table name to [ItemMast], I lose the ability to add records in my form.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

CreganTur
11-19-2008, 06:23 AM
What you described above should work- I've done the same without a hitch in the past. Just make sure you don't have any forms or other Access objects open when you do this.

ccollins48
11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I am using excel 2003 and I read something about the autocorrect name in the options window.

I did as you posted, and after I do a name change, I am no longer able to add records to the subform.

CreganTur
11-20-2008, 06:14 AM
I am using excel 2003 and I read something about the autocorrect name in the options window.

I did as you posted, and after I do a name change, I am no longer able to add records to the subform.

Double check your subform's recordsource. If it's only 1 subform that's causing problems then it shouldn't be too bad to fix it manually.