PDA

View Full Version : My Danish company can save much time

gacid
11-19-2008, 05:17 AM
Hi.
I am the owner of a small Danish firm. We buy and sell goods from other countries. Every day I calculate a lot of currency rates, but now I want an easier path. The manually calculating is very expensive in time!
I would be very grateful if someone can help me, cause I?m not good in VBA :)

This is a simple example:
Workbook1, Worksheet 1:: I earned this:
Earning 1: 10 EUR
Earning 2: 5 EUR
Earning 3: 3 EUR
Earning 4: 90 USD
Earning 5: 10 DK
Earning 6: 1 GP

Workbook 2: And the currency rates (DK= 100.00)
USD 605.00
EUR 730.00
GP 80.00

I want a top 3 of my earnings but calculated in DK. In this case the result would be:
1) 10 * 7,30 = 73
2) 5 * 7,30 = 36,5
3) 3 * 7,30 = 21,9
4) 90 * 6,05 = 544,5
5) 10 * 1 = 10

6) 1 * 0,8 = 0,8

Workbook 1, Worksheet2: And top 3 is:

Hope to hear from someone.

Bob Phillips
11-19-2008, 05:29 AM
When I first saw your subject, I thougt it was spam :-)

Can you post a workbook. I am sure it is simple, but it would make it far easier to help.

Bob Phillips
11-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Hang on, isn't this the same as http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23544, in which you turned down my solution?

gacid
11-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Hang on, isn't this the same as http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23544, in which you turned down my solution?

Yes almost.. but i need a code that do exacly what i say.. So i easy can change currency rates. Then it will not be too hard for my staff

Bob Phillips
11-19-2008, 05:59 AM
Well, I gave you a dynamic formula solution. If that isn't good enough, I will leave it to someone else to provide VBA, but I suggest you tell MaximS for instance what was wrong with his VBA solution. You do not conduct yourself in a manner to encourage help.

gacid
11-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Well, I gave you a dynamic formula solution. If that isn't good enough, I will leave it to someone else to provide VBA, but I suggest you tell MaximS for instance what was wrong with his VBA solution. You do not conduct yourself in a manner to encourage help.

I need a solution where i can update the currency rates. Where i can update the ernings workbook. and where i can push a botton, and it give a new top 3 (after updat)... I need this, cause i update everything every mounth... i hope to hear from you.

Hunden
11-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey, I got almost same problem for my firm:)
I also need some kind of solution

Bob Phillips
11-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey, I got almost same problem for my firm:)
I also need some kind of solution

Post your workbook then mate and I will give you a formula solution.

Hunden
11-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Post your workbook then mate and I will give you a formula solution.

Hi, thanks. But i need it in vba besides all the other vba i got.

lucas
11-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi Hunden, As Bob points out MaximS offers a vba solution in this thread:
http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23544

maybe you could check out his file and see if it helps and post your reply in that thread.

Hunden
11-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah ok, and thanks to maxim, but i need a vba code i understand:) Then i can build more and more on it. And learn more in that way.

Bob Phillips
11-19-2008, 12:43 PM
LOL! You ask us for help, and then complain that the code wasn't written so that you can understand it. Shame on us!

Hunden
11-19-2008, 12:47 PM
LOL! You ask us for help, and then complain that the code wasn't written so that you can understand it. Shame on us!

Sorry.
I can use it, but a nice clean vba code could be greater... but sorry.. and thanks for help.

lucas
11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm with Bob. I see no reason for a vba solution in this case. vba is not necessarily superior to formula solutions.

I also found the code that maxim offered to be clean and nice and well commented.

You also say this which implies that you have some code that you work with regularly:

Hi, thanks. But i need it in vba besides all the other vba i got.

What is it about maxims code that you don't like? You imply that you can use it so it must be working for you....

If you have specific questions about the code you should ask maxim directly to explain specifically what you don't understand about it......

mention the line of code that is throwing you and post a question about it. You would be surprised at how helpful folks here can be if you ask the right questions.

Hunden
11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm with Bob. I see no reason for a vba solution in this case. vba is not necessarily superior to formula solutions.

I also found the code that maxim offered to be clean and nice and well commented.

You also say this which implies that you have some code that you work with regularly:

What is it about maxims code that you don't like? You imply that you can use it so it must be working for you....

If you have specific questions about the code you should ask maxim directly to explain specifically what you don't understand about it......

mention the line of code that is throwing you and post a question about it. You would be surprised at how helpful folks here can be if you ask the right questions.

Yeah i know... I did just hope that everything would be more simplefied... but that isnt possible ? (i dont know, cause im noob in vba programming)

lucas
11-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Well Hunden, if you want to learn there is a wealth of information and help available here.

I would suggest starting a smaller project and then start a thread with what you have and ask for help moving forward with it.

Hunden
11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Well Hunden, if you want to learn there is a wealth of information and help available here.

I would suggest starting a smaller project and then start a thread with what you have and ask for help moving forward with it.

I know, and you are absolutly right. But my patience is <=1. I go direcly to the big case, and just hope someone wonna take the time to help an unknown idiot.
:)

Hunden

rbrhodes
11-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Oh hello again!

I posted a solution to the original thread...

So gacid asks again, and Hunden piggybacks (hijacks?) again. There is a way to ask for help (even though what you are looking for is free consulting!) that will get you the results you need. I'm not sure this is it.

However, here's my efforts, let me know what you think.

Note to self: delete duplicate post!

malik641
12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
:rotlaugh:that was hilarious! Poor Bob, getting turned down left and right!