PDA

View Full Version : Excel Columns 3 to 6

Ironman
11-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Hello - I have an excel file that contains 3 columns with about 1000 rows. What I'd like to do is convert those 3 columns to 6. The data is sorted by last name, column B, so page one would have the first set of data , then page two would have the next set continuing on with the alphabet...keeping the sorting the same throughout.

Would someone have some example code that could get me started? Thanks....:help
</IMG>

Bob Phillips
11-20-2008, 08:46 AM
That sounds like 78 columns or 26 sheets to me, so can you clarify?

Ironman
11-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks xld for your quick response...Distinguished Lord of VBAX...!!!

I have one sheet with the 3 columns of data. If I were to do a print preview now, you would see about 21 pages of data all to the left side of the page, assuming I do no formatting. What I'm looking to do is convert these 3 columns to 6 all on the same sheet.

So for example if page one contained everyone with a last name that began with an 'A' and 'B' and page two (if kept as is) would start with the last names that started with 'C', what I'd like to see is those 'C's' to be moved to column E, row 2....and so on. So the end result would be 6 columns A = employeeID, B = Name, C = Date, D = Empty, E = employeeID, F = Name, G = Date

So instead of 21 page report I would end up with about 10 - 11, sorted by name.

I hope that is clear...let me know if I need to provide more info...again, thanks for your thoughts...

Bob Phillips
11-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Okay, that is clear. Do you have a workbook that we can work with, save time?