PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Changing the order of the data columns

SUJU
03-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Hi
I have cols A1 to G1 with values in them. This data is automatically fed into the spreadsheet from a data source. These represent daily figures. I need to change the order of appearance from G1 to A1. Bear in mind that sometimes the number of cols can increase and can decrease too.
I have labeled above each col the WEEKNUM that the data applies to because the data is summed on a weekly basis.

This new order has to appear in sheet 2. How do i do this.

Thanks

MWE
03-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi
I have cols A1 to G1 with values in them. This data is automatically fed into the spreadsheet from a data source. These represent daily figures. I need to change the order of appearance from G1 to A1. Bear in mind that sometimes the number of cols can increase and can decrease too.
I have labeled above each col the WEEKNUM that the data applies to because the data is summed on a weekly basis.

This new order has to appear in sheet 2. How do i do this.

Thanks
Reversing the order, particularly if you wish to post the reversed order to another worksheet is pretty easy. Variable number of cols is not a problem. But your post is confusing:

Do you mean cells A1 to G1?
by "change the order of appearance", do you mean (for the A1 to G1 case) that the data in A1 should be posted to G1 (in the new sheet), data in B1 is posted to F1, etc?
where is the WEEKNUM label? It can not be "above" each col (cell?) because you already said you had other data in row 1
Can you provide a sample spreadsheet (perhaps with one sheet showing the "before" and a 2nd showing the desired "after") so others can better understand what you are trying to do?