PDA

View Full Version : labels that were done in mail-merge

anglin_fool
03-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I am the Office guy :hi: at work for coworkers who need to do simple things in Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook. Our legal person who sends forms to US Bankruptcies courts asked if there was a way in Word to do labels. She now has an Excel spreadsheet with all the court listings (153) and when she fills out the form for the account, she copys and pastes a row from the court listings to a new Excel workbook for that days work. She then uses that spreadsheet for a mailmerge in Word for printing the labels. taa daaaa!

Took me a week :banghead:to teach her this simple way. (:motz2: boss was hot because its not my job)

Grapevine is we are going to do more of this same work with 4 people doing the same filling out labels. I want to do this all in Access.

I am very new at Access, :help How can I have them pick a state then the district court for the mailing? Is there a "mail-merge" for Access thatyou can choose the label size, I can always create a form for it, but I say if its there, use it if you can . . . .

Any other suggestions? :bow:

anglin_fool
03-19-2005, 07:30 AM
This is a record from my table:

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1035&stc=1

The tblCourts is the same for all 178 records (I miscounted)

The state of California alone has 13 mailing addresses, I want to have the end product be where they enter a state abreviation, choose the district, then the division to get the correct mailing address, some states dont have districts or divisions so their address choice will be simpler. The simplest way, may just be to list all of the addresses for that state.

Make any sense? Can it be done?:think: