PDA

View Full Version : How do I get embedded image file name (Icon label)?

AK3003
11-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Friends,

Attached "PPT.pdf", has Power point slide as screen shot and slide shows two placeholders, first placeholder text as "Testing" and second placeholder has image file (icon label: AxisBank1.jpeg) added as an attachment (say embedded object)

I should get the image file name (icon label) and file path? I think getting embedded object's file path is not possible, can some body guide me to get the file name (icon label)

Thanks in Advance
--AK

gaincoin
02-05-2009, 10:42 PM
you can do it better

John Wilson
02-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Friends,

Attached "PPT.pdf", has Power point slide as screen shot and slide shows two placeholders, first placeholder text as "Testing" and second placeholder has image file (icon label: AxisBank1.jpeg) added as an attachment (say embedded object)

I should get the image file name (icon label) and file path? I think getting embedded object's file path is not possible, can some body guide me to get the file name (icon label)

Thanks in Advance
--AK

In versions before 2007 you can animate the picture and it's name will show in the animation pane.

In 2007 this doesn't work but the name will show as alternate text.

You can check this with vba if that's what you need - with the pic selected:-

Sub findname()
Dim oshp As Shape
Dim osld As Slide
Dim oeff As Effect
Set osld = ActiveWindow.Selection.SlideRange(1)
Set oshp = ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange(1)
If Application.Version < "11.9" And Application.Version > "9.9" Then
Set oeff = osld.TimeLine.MainSequence.AddEffect(oshp, msoAnimEffectAppear, , msoAnimTriggerOnPageClick, 1)
MsgBox oeff.DisplayName
oeff.Delete
Else
MsgBox oshp.AlternativeText
End If
End Sub

John Wilson
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I should probably add that code won't work for 2000 or earlier you would need the change to the old style non timeline animation code.