PDA

View Full Version : Deactivated macros

23cp
12-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I am quite new to VBA. I am working on a workbook that includes several macros, including a workbook open macro. These macros are not complex. When I try to execute the macros for testing or otherwise, Excell tells me that the macros have been desactivated for this project. I can run with no problem another project that has similar macros without getting the "deactivated message". I have changed the choice to either "accept all macros" or "deactivated macro with notification" in the management center for confidentiality without positive results. I have set the directory for the workbook in the "approved location" in the management center for confidentiality. No positive results. When I open the workbook I do not even get a message that the macros are deactivated. They simply do not run. When I get into the VBE module and try to execute any macros from that projet I get the message of "deactivated macros". This is not the first time that it happens to me. Last time I decided to start from scratch. How can I avoid this? Any suggestions about why I get deactivated macros for the projet that do not respond to changes in the management center for confidentiality. And how to solve the problem? Thanks.

GTO
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Greetings 23cp,

What version of Excel are you using? (to wit: 2000, 2003, 2007)

Mark

23cp
12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Mark,

I use Excel 2007

Claude

GTO
12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Greetings Claude,

Respectfully, you only need to post the reply once... Anyways, I'm sure that you'll get some help, but as 2007 is different and newer than what I have access to (2000 and 2003), it would be best to wait for a 2007 user to answer.

Best of luck,

Mark

PS - Hey, I just realized that you just joined. Congratulations and Welcome :-) You will 'meet' some very nice folks here who are very helpful:)

GTO
12-02-2008, 06:03 PM
"Cat killin' curiosity" got the best of me, so called a buddy (Demosthine).

Claude, take a looksee at the workbook that won't the code won't run in. Is the extension ".xlsx" ?

If yes, open and saveas to extension ".xlsm".

Does that help?

Mark

23cp
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi Mark,

Extension is xlsm from the beginning (saved as file supporting macros).

Thanks

Claude

GTO
12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry 'bout that. I am at a loss then. :-(

Mark

lucas
12-02-2008, 10:59 PM
duplicate post removed.