PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with maximize and minimize button

The"Truth"
12-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I have installed maximize and minimize buttons. They work fine as far as maximizing and minimizing the screen, but I can't open other items or access any other files while it is minimized. Is this normal, if so is there any way to get the buttons to act like a genuine window based maximize and minimize button so the user can do other things besides being stuck in the user form?

mdmackillop
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Have you opened the form Modally?
Try

Userform1.Show False

CreganTur
12-05-2008, 01:13 PM
What exactly do you mean by "I have installed maximize and minimize buttons."? If this is on a UserForm, then this is redundant- UserForms already have the standard Max/Min buttons.

By Default UserForm windows are not modal- they retain focus and do not give it up, much like a labrador with your favorite slippers. I'm not sure if there is a way to make the UserForm modal, since I couldn't find anything on the property sheet that changed this behaviour. You'll have to close it to be able to do anything else in Excel- similar to how Excel acts when certain dialog boxes are open.

NinjaEdithttp://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9060/ninja3od8.gif: And MD proves that the modal property can be changed, but it requires VBA.