PDA

View Full Version : Solved: presentation.saveas puts out .pps, not .ppsx

braddenn
12-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Used 2007 Powerpoint to load a .ppmx (macro) file. Then used Presentation.saveas filename ppSaveAsShow to generate a show presentation. The output is .pps which is not .ppsx or the new XML format. It is the old binary format. I tried to OR ppSaveAsShow with ppSaveAsPowerPoint7 using &. Did not work. How do I get XML output format?
This is similar to Presentation.open where there is a new (not in the 2007 help file) comment at MSDN that adds XML types to the list of filetypes supported.

John Wilson
12-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Used 2007 Powerpoint to load a .ppmx (macro) file. Then used Presentation.saveas filename ppSaveAsShow to generate a show presentation. The output is .pps which is not .ppsx or the new XML format. It is the old binary format. I tried to OR ppSaveAsShow with ppSaveAsPowerPoint7 using &. Did not work. How do I get XML output format?
This is similar to Presentation.open where there is a new (not in the 2007 help file) comment at MSDN that adds XML types to the list of filetypes supported.

ppSaveAsOpenXMLShow??

braddenn
12-07-2008, 05:02 PM
By golly. it worked. Wherever did you come up with that? Oh - got it:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb265921.aspx
i.e. whats new in 2007 office. Should have looked there. Thanks.

Zack Barresse
12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Nice one John!

Go ahead and mark your thread Solved by going to Thread Tools | Mark Thread Solved | Perform Action. :)