PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Using a Tab Control in a form

nathan2314
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
:hi: Hi all,
I'm wondering how I can include a tab control in my form so that I can have not only several tabs (sub categories for the person I'm looking at in the overal form) but also be able to increment through all the 'many' sub records in each of the tabs. For example, say I'm looking at a person_id = 1 and have basic information on him (name, address, phone, etc...) on the overall form I'm building. But now I would like to include a tab control with several tabs (i.e. financial transactions, family members, overseas trips..etc..) so basically each tab has multiple records for the individual with person_id=1. How do I get the tab control to increment through each of the records for this person_id=1 person. I'd like to have a button similar to the one already on the main form that increments through person_ids. But this would be in the tab control and would increment through all the sub records while leaving the main record (person_in=1) unchanged. I have the tables built and relationships established between the main and the sub tables but just don't know how to put this in a form format.

Appreciate any help!: pray2:

OBP
12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
nathan, if the tabs are going to contain data from other than the main table then it is best to create a Query and Form for each one.
To put the Tab on the Mainform you use the Toolbox Tab Control icon and Wizard. Once you have positioned your tab you can add the new forms that you have created using the Toolbox Subform Icon & wizard.
You can add new Tabs to the Tab Control using the Main Menu>Insert>Tab Control Page.

nathan2314
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey Thanks!!:)
Thats exactly what I needed to know!