PDA

View Full Version : Consolidating multiple work books in multiple folders to one worksheet

tomy_d
12-10-2008, 02:39 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and although i've had a look through many of the posts and searched I couldn't seem to find a solution which did what I believe I need.

The situation is that I have a directory structure with a top level directory and multiple sub-folders 1 level below this.
Within each of the sub folders is 1 .xls workbook.
Within each work book is a worksheet called "Test Info"
This worksheet has a header A1:Z3.
Beneath the header can be unlimited number of rows, however there is a footer record with the delimiter "*** END ***" in column A always at the end of the data, potentially there may be blank rows above this which I do not wish to copy.
I wish to be able to take all of the populated rows from the children worksheets and consolidate them onto 1 worksheet in the master spreadsheet, the header will always remain the same as will the number of columns.Any help on this will be much appreciated - if you need more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

rbrhodes
12-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Hi,

Looks like an interesting problem could you post an example of the data?

tomy_d
12-10-2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the quick response dr.

I've attached a workbook which has an example of the layout on tab1, there could often be up to 50 rows - I can lock it down by making the last row completely blank if needed.

The last tab shows the directory structure - I will need to implement this solution twice - once for all the UAT spreadsheets and once for all the production spreadsheets.

I hope that helps - let me know if further info is needed and thanks again for the help!