PDA

View Full Version : Problems with custom forms

ddonate
12-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Hi,

I have 2 PCs, with Outlook 2003 and OL 2007, and I have created a custom form based on a mail from the Inbox ("IPM.Note.MyForm"). I need to have it as the default form used in my Outlook, when I open any mail received in my inbox.

I have published it in the Inbox folder (I can see it in "Tools-Options-...-Manage Form") and I have used the Forms Administrator (with "IPM.Note.MyForm") to modify the registry (office\11.0 for OL 2003, 12.0 for 2007).

However, when I receive a mail it is not open using my custom form. Must I do sth. else?

*** Other test - questions:

- If I send a mail from a PC with the registry modified ('compose'), this mail is opened using my custom form!!!, even if I have not modified the registry (in the registry I can see the default "IPM.Note"). I suppose that is because the form to use is in the mail sent, and I just must have it published...

- Is it right that the inbox mail icon (in the previous case) is different from the envelop? It is like a 'note', is it related to 'IMP.Note'? Related to that, in the Inbox folder properties, I can see "When posting to this folder, Use: 'IPM.Post'... ?? Which one is the correct? I thought it was 'IPM.Note' for mails...

- Using a VB project, I have:
Set oSession = CreateObject("Redemption.RDOSession")
Set oInbox = oSession.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
MsgBox "oInbox.DefaultMessageClass: " & oInbox.DefaultMessageClass
and it it 'IPM.Note', not the custom one...

Could you help me? Thanks in advance

Diego

JP2112
12-16-2008, 08:35 PM
There are two versions of the message form, the Compose Page and the Read Page. Which one are you editing?

The Compose Page is the form you will see when you are writing a message. The Read Page is what you will see when reading one. If you don't edit the Read Page, you'll still see the default form when you read an email, regardless of what you've done to the Compose Page.

If you go to Tools > Forms > Design a Form, click on 'Message' and click 'Open', you should see toggle buttons for "Edit Compose Page" and "Edit Read Page".

HTH

Hi,

I have 2 PCs, with Outlook 2003 and OL 2007, and I have created a custom form based on a mail from the Inbox ("IPM.Note.MyForm"). I need to have it as the default form used in my Outlook, when I open any mail received in my inbox.

I have published it in the Inbox folder (I can see it in "Tools-Options-...-Manage Form") and I have used the Forms Administrator (with "IPM.Note.MyForm") to modify the registry (office\11.0 for OL 2003, 12.0 for 2007).

However, when I receive a mail it is not open using my custom form. Must I do sth. else?