PDA

View Full Version : Move row to different sheet on excel workbook based on a cell entry

jstephens01
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Using Excel 2003, I need to do the following:

So essentially I have the status column with a drop down that contains, Construction Complete, Ready For Install, and Complete. What I want to happen is when the status is changed to:

Complete: The whole row will transfer/copy to the corresponding tabbed sheet based on Division which is a cell within the column.
Construction Complete: The whole row will transfer/copy to the Construction Complete tab.
Ready for Install: The whole row will transfer/copy to the Ready For Install tab.

As a further note, I need this functionality on all tabs for the status.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GTO
12-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Greetings jstephens01,

I see this is your first post, so let me say Welcome(!):006: and let you know that you will 'meet' some great folks here, that often go "above and beyond" in assisting.

Now as to your question... I get that you have a drop-down with a list, and that when the user picks a value, we're doing something. The what is not quite clear though. In short - which "whole row" is getting transferred/copied, and to where on the appropriate sheet?

Hope to help,

Mark

jstephens01
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks Mark!!! :-) Ok so i have a spread sheet listing accounts along with different criteria of the account such as name account type etc. In the drop down under the status column, i have Complete, Construction Complete, Ready For Install. Based on what is selected, i want the row to move to the corresponding tab within the worksheet. If it helps, i can email you the sheet so you can see what i'm talking about. Thanks for your help.

david000
12-12-2008, 11:39 PM
post a sample workbook

naris
12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
May be this script can answer your question.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Range("C6").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Sheets("Header").Select
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
Select Case Range("C6").Value
Case Is <> ""
On Error Resume Next
Sheets(Range("C6").Value + 1).Select
On Error GoTo 0
End Select
End Sub

or you can try the attachment enclosed.

Thanks
Naris