PDA

View Full Version : clear breakpoints problem

venkiatmarut
12-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Hi,

I created a break point in my application. I checked the code and debugged the application.
After that I forgot to clear it and I saved and closed.
From next time onwards, whenever I run the application, it breaking at that break point and showing the Visual studio code. After pressing F5, it is moving.
:bug:
I tried so many times with the option "Clear all breakpoints" in Debug menu. But still it is not working and it is opening the code window.

It should not happen at the endusers side as it makes them frustration.
How to fix this problem? do I need to overwrite the application to another?
:help

OBP
12-12-2008, 04:59 AM
Can you see the Breakpoint in the VBA Editor, if so can't you uncheck it by clicking on it?

venkiatmarut
12-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Can you see the Breakpoint in the VBA Editor, if so can't you uncheck it by clicking on it?

I think you felt I am a joking.
It's not a joke and it irretating me. I have to again start from scracth and develop the new application.
I can not see the break point on the screen and when I run the application, the execution is breaking and showing that line. Ater pressing F5 key then only it is continuing the execution.
:help

OBP
12-12-2008, 05:53 AM
No, I did not think you were Joking. I have never heard of this condition.
Have you Imported everything in to a Blank Database?
Have you asked anyone else to look at it on their Computer?

OBP
12-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Why do you have to redevelop the whole application, can't you just delete the Module after copying code with the problem and reproduce that?

venkiatmarut
12-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Why do you have to redevelop the whole application, can't you just delete the Module after copying code with the problem and reproduce that?

Yes, I thought to do that only. For this also, there will be a solution. That's why I kept a question here.

venkiatmarut
01-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Is there no solution for this problem?
Any one tell me how to clear the break point which is hided?

CreganTur
01-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Is there no solution for this problem?
Any one tell me how to clear the break point which is hided?
Tony already provided a couple of solutions for you to try:
1) copy the code out of your module and paste it into a new module. Delete the old module.

2) If that fails, create a new, blank DB and import everything into it. Use this new DB instead.

Try both of these and see if it corrects your problem.

This is a very, very unusual bug- we're as confused as you are.

Visual studio code.
Do you mean Visual Basic code, or are you developing in Visual Studio (instead of Access)?

asingh
01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
This same bug has happened once to me before. And a thread on this forum with the same bug.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22002

thanks and regards,

asingh