PDA

View Full Version : Generating Word Document

Falcon[TF]
12-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Hello every one!
I'm new in VBA (but have knowledge in Delphi & C), so please be patient... Problem is: i have to make many documents, this document a very similar, but have some different attributes values in each document. This values are such as Customer, Branding Image, and etc. (over 40 values)

Now I'm just using Ctrl+H to change some of them, other are custom attributes like { SET ValueName "Value"} & { REF ValueName }, and this is :wot :banghead: because this is bored...

So i decide to automate this ... I?m at very start of this project and now decide which way to move... may be VBA? Can you advice me if VBA is the best choice to solve such problem.

lucas
12-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Look into templates.

You don't say whether they are all completely different but if you have to make each one individually different I would create a userform for inputting the data into bookmarks in the document.

fumei
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
VBA may be part of what you need, but we do not have enough details to really say. We do not know what you are automating. We do not know what the process is to change anything, or why.

If you are creating multiple documents with small changes, then I would agree with Steve, this sounds like a job for the use of templates.

Falcon[TF]
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
VBA may be part of what you need, but we do not have enough details to really say. We do not know what you are automating. We do not know what the process is to change anything, or why.

If you are creating multiple documents with small changes, then I would agree with Steve, this sounds like a job for the use of templates.
Thx!