PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Left Overs

Justinlabenne
03-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I got stuck with a task of updating somebody else?s workbook at work. I have been updating this thing for about a year now, little by little, just adding changes, but one thing always puzzled me. This workbook uses dialog sheets, and pretty redundant coding and the issue is, it leaves behind these unused toolbars that I can find no reference of anywhere in the code. After opening and closing the workbook, go to TOOLS > CUSTOMIZE > TOOLBARS tab, and there is always 2 extra toolbars.

Op1stShiftA
OpEffectiveness
I have no idea where these come from, I delete them, and they reappear. No trace in the code of how they are added, nothing I can find. When I display them and try to activate the code for the toolbar buttons, it seems to try and execute a code from a remote folder. Can't find any links, etc.. not sure what the deal is here? I?ve attached the workbook, and it is a bit to go through, but any ideas are appreciated. I just am very curious to know where these come from.

WARNING* OPENING THIS WORKBOOK DELETES CUSTOM MENU SETTINGS.
I was not aware of this issue when I attached this workbook to the post. I apologize to anyone and everyone for any inconvience you may have encountered, I will not post any more of this developers workbook's without first finding out truly what is involved.

My apologies again.

Aaron Blood
03-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I was a little ticked when this thing wiped my custom toolbars. You might want to warn people before they download this thing. Very irritating when developers make assumptions about what toolbars 'might' be open on a users Excel application.

The toolbar is attached to the workbook. Goto View|Toolbars|Custom|Attach

And you'll see the attached toolbar, select it and you'll have the option to delete it. Then resave the workbook.

You might want to review this example...
http://www.xl-logic.com/xl_files/vba/save_user_toolbars.zip

It shows how to save user toolbars to a collection so you don't tick people off by closing their custom toolbars with your app.

Anyone else who downloads his attachment should beware... and probably disable macros before looking at it.