PDA

View Full Version : Automate Out of Offie Reply

Ada01
12-15-2008, 08:43 AM
I am constantly in and out of the office. I would like to be able to automate my out of office assistant to be synced to my calander appointments.

Is this possible with VBA or do i need to be dig deeper

Thanks

Demosthine
12-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Good Morning.

This may be possible depending on a few factors. The most important is the matter of leaving Outlook open the entire day. If you do leave it open, you can use the Application_NewMailEx Event. This Event fires every time a new Item is processed by Outlook. These Items can be Mail, Meetings or Shared Items.

Once you are processing the new Item, you will need to have your Function access your Calendar and determine based on the date and time, whether there is currently a Appointment Scheduled. Depending on the result, process the Out Of Office Response.

Help References:
Application_NewItemEx
Namespace.GetItemFromID
Items.ItemAdd Event

Hope this helps get you started.
Scott

JP2112
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
If you have Outlook 2007, and your office uses Exchange Server 2007, you can pre-program your out-of-office periods. So if you know you will be out the office certain days or times, you can set it to automatically turn on and off.

Otherwise, you need CDO, Extended MAPI or Redemption. See http://tinyurl.com/67gjkr for example.

HTH

I am constantly in and out of the office. I would like to be able to automate my out of office assistant to be synced to my calander appointments.

Is this possible with VBA or do i need to be dig deeper

Thanks