PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Help

chungtinhlak
12-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Hello all,
I have a spreadsheet that I have to date spread out all the columns, and on the rows i have name.
I have a userform. The userform consist of 2 textbox, the date, and # missing. and 1 combo box.
My question is:
1. How to I get the date textbox to display today's date. =now will also display the time. Is there one that can that I can use to just get today. In excel i use today() but doesn't seem to work in VBA.
2. The Combox box, I want it to display all the text listed in row "A". Can you guys help me come up with the code so that when people entered in the number of missing, they press enter, it will go to the right cell of the date and the name.
3. In addition. I want a little security, is it possible to make it so that when when they press enter, a box pop up asking for a code and they have to enter the correct code which is listed in column B.

Example (from my attached file)
if I go in and use it today, which is 12/15/08, the name i selected is Joe, and I input 3 for # missing. when I pressed enter command botton, a box will appear asking for a code and the code for joe is 184 (Colum B), if the code is entered correct, 3 will be placed in Cell C4.

Bob Phillips
12-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I have a spreadsheet that I have to date spread out all the columns, and on the rows i have name.
I have a userform. The userform consist of 2 textbox, the date, and # missing. and 1 combo box.
My question is:
1. How to I get the date textbox to display today's date. =now will also display the time. Is there one that can that I can use to just get today. In excel i use today() but doesn't seem to work in VBA.

Date

2. The Combox box, I want it to display all the text listed in row "A". Can you guys help me come up with the code so that when people entered in the number of missing, they press enter, it will go to the right cell of the date and the name.

Not sure what you are aksing here?

3. In addition. I want a little security, is it possible to make it so that when when they press enter, a box pop up asking for a code and they have to enter the correct code which is listed in column B.

Example (from my attached file)
if I go in and use it today, which is 12/15/08, the name i selected is Joe, and I input 3 for # missing. when I pressed enter command botton, a box will appear asking for a code and the code for joe is 184 (Colum B), if the code is entered correct, 3 will be placed in Cell C4.

I have just had a look at the file, and there is no code at all, just a simple form. So you haven't tried to do anything, just expect us to do it all for you?

chungtinhlak
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Xld, I didn't mean it that way. It just that i don't know how to do this at all, if you can give me a sample coding or a place for me to start. On this, all i know is how to set the combobox's default value.

so if you can help guide me on any of this, I would really appreciate it.

thanks

chungtinhlak
12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
sorry, i will start a new thread and make it cleaner.