PDA

View Full Version : Datafile changed by multiple users

kevindelft
12-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Hello,

I'm working on an application for my work. Unfortunately, I have on my work only excel 97. (don't ask me why). What I want to do is build an application for including certain information (addresses and things like that). This should really be done by different users.

I am now in the build of 2 excel files 1 for the import of data (through user forms) and 1 in the data file to save.

What I wonder. When user 1 data add to the first empty row and user 2 does too (this is in the same row) then the data user 1 overwritten. Is it possible to check for differences between the loaded datafile and the datafile saved on the disk so that if there are any differences the datafile can be loaded again so that it is up2date again?

I hope someone can help me with this.

Kevin

Aussiebear
12-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi kevindelft,

Welcome to the forum. How is it happening that two or more users are able to enter data to the same row, if they are adding data to the first blank row?

kevindelft
12-17-2008, 11:10 PM
It seems to me that when you open the same file as i did before i changed anything and then we are both going to add information to the first blank row. If i think correct we add the information to the same row when we both save the file one row wil overwrite the other am i correct?

Greetings Kevin

Demosthine
12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Evening Kevin.

Am I right in understanding you are using a Shared Workbook to enable more than one User to access the same Workbook?

Please attach your two Workbooks so that it can clarify a few other questions as well.

Scott

kevindelft
12-20-2008, 07:01 AM
With this post i also post the 2 files i use. I hope you understand it because they are in dutch. (i haven't put any codes in yet it is just the userforms and the data file. The first post is the DATAfile

Let me know.

Greetings Kevin

kevindelft
12-20-2008, 07:02 AM
and now the userfile