PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Suggestions please

nepotist
12-17-2008, 08:26 AM
The main purpose of this application is to calculate fee for a land use and create a report, attached is a sample of it.

The example attached has two tables.. One land use table and the other is a DTDLU table. The DTDLU table consists of standard land use, its units and also the rate associated with it. Table LandUse consists of land use (Development) name and the category that fall in to that the land use they belong to.

What I need is a help actually a idea of how do I go about developing it. If you look form1 it is just a initial design but I am not sure how to make it work.

This is what I had in mind in designing it..

The first combobox will show a list of landuse(development) from landuse table.. the related landuse textbox will show what landuse it falls in to. And the rest of the textboxes will show the fee rate and units associated with the landuse. The user gets to type in the size and the impact fee is calculated based on the size.
Well selecting single landuse and creating a report dosent seems to a problem.. but I want to give the user a option of selecting multiple landuse before they created report?

That is they seclet one and put in the size and te impact fee is calculated for all of them based on the imput sizes..

Any suggestion like redesigning the form or table ??

Thank you

nepotist
12-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Can some help me with this query
SELECT DTDLU.[Land Use]
FROM DTDLU, qry1
WHERE (((DTDLU.[Land Use]) Like [qry1]![DTDLand Use]));

In the above query i want to usewild card like this

where (((DTDLU.[Land Use]) Like "C*")) in stead of c i want it to be "[qry1]![DTDLand Use]", if I add wildcard * at the end it gives me a error saying that invalid sysntax... i have created this query based on the query by example in access.

Any help ??

I want to use the wildcard *

nepotist
12-17-2008, 02:35 PM
the attachment contain updated version of my trail.... my query results records in access but when I run the query through VBA.. it gives me no record.. I get error 3021 I dont understand why..

if you select one landuse in the first cmbbox then you should see the error..

can some tell what is wrong??

JimmyTheHand
12-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't get the whole idea. What is "Land Use" and what is "LandUse category" and what is "DTDLand Use"? What is their purpose?

nepotist
12-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Please refer to this thread..

http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24330

Thanks