PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Resizing a DropDown Box

Shezageek
12-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Attached is an Excel file that is heavily VBA coded. On the Revenue tab, cell D:8, there is a drop down box that I cannot "select" so that I can resize it and I can't find the code where it might be hard coded. Please tell me how I can resize this drop down box to display at least 35 lines at a time. Thanks

lucas
12-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Shezageek, That is a data validation list in that cell. Click in the cell and then go to data-validation on the main toolbar.

You will see that it is populated by a list that is a named range. You can see the named range by going to insert-name-define and looking for the named range....click on it and the box at the bottom will show you what the named range represents.

You can't resize validation lists such as this.....they are the size of the cell. You also can't(I don't believe)control how many items show when you hit the drop down.

I have added a combobox to your sheet in the same location and made the rowsource the same as your validation list had......it shows 35 items now but you can change that by editing the properties of the combobox.

You can also resize it if you change the size of your cell.......make your vba toolbar visible on the sheet and select design mode.....then right click on the combobox and select properties.

hope this helps.

lucas
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I just noticed that my idea messed up your vlookup......

lucas
12-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Shezageek, I seem to be making matters worse....
Maybe a simple userform solution. Double click on cell D8 in the sheet Revenue to input data....