PDA

View Full Version : Any good websites with free active x controls

DanOfEarth
12-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi guys,

Do ya'll (my Texan is showing) know of some good websites and/or references that have some interesting free active x controls that'll work in excel. Dunno, basic things like knobs, buttons, and other cool things for some ideas?

And do the VB active x controls automatically work in excel?

Thanks
Dan

PS - And I hope ya'll had a mighty fine Christmas.

DanOfEarth
12-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Uh......ehem........tap tap tap......is this thing on?:bait:

Aussiebear
01-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Yes it is on, ..... would you like to be a little more specific with those things you are chasing rather than "free active x controls that'll work in Excel"?

MS has a number of "free active x controls" already installed in Excel that you can experiment with.

DanOfEarth
01-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks for getting back with me,

I do use the acitivex controls currently in excel.

I'm not really looking for any particular activex control. I was wondering if anybody has bookmarked a couple of decent websites (gems) out there that have some cool activex controls, such as gauges, special looking knobs, meters, and possibly other bells and whistles.

Typicallly, when I've been doing searches, they SAY the activex control is free but when you install it, they don't give you the .ocx file. It's usually an executable with a demo in it trying to sell you something.

Are there some good repositories out there where guys share some of these things. I've googled this with no luck.

Aussiebear
01-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I guess the reality is that if you were to have developed a serious active x control that was for use in Excel, wouldn't you want some form of recompense for the effort?

As for gauges, have a good look at the concepts provided by Tiger Chen a few threads ago. Play around with the data and see how this was done, it may give you some ideas of your own.