PDA

View Full Version : Combine 2 tables in a single table

Shanmugam
12-31-2008, 02:18 AM
Hi,

I have 2 tables in MS-Access. On both the tables, 'fields' are same. But 1st table is the original (i.e. old data) and 2nd table is the corrected (i.e. new data).

Now, i need to combine 2 table in a single table.

For example,
Table1 Name: 'Original'
Field Name: Last Name

Table2 Name: 'Corrected'
Field Name: Last Name

From the above 2 tables i need to create/execute with new query to show both Last Name, Last Name in a single table so that i can see both fields in a single table and also helpful for me to view old vs new.

Please help on this how to do this.

Thanks,
Shanmugam

CreganTur
12-31-2008, 06:41 AM
Now, i need to combine 2 table in a single table.
If you want to combine them then you'll want to look into the Access Append query; this adds the records from one table to another table. Then you can delete the table you don't need.

From the above 2 tables i need to create/execute with new query to show both Last Name, Last Name in a single table so that i can see both fields in a single table and also helpful for me to view old vs new.
SELECT Original.LastName, Corrected.LastName FROM Original, Corrected
be sure you have the proper relationships setup between these two tables.

Shanmugam
12-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks for this. It's working.

CreganTur
12-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks for this. It's working.

Glad to hear it! Since your issue has been resolved, can you please mark this thread as solved? Click Thread Tools at the top of the thread, select "Mark as Solved", and click the button. This will let the other visitors to the forum know that your questions has been answered and helps to keep the forum clean.