PDA

View Full Version : excel dropdown

gracepinas
01-03-2009, 06:41 PM
hello i am doing a program that saves cell values from sheet1 to sheet2 as my database including the value in the drop down.

my program can save the value of the dropdonw to sheet2 ...my problem is how can display return or display any values saved in sheet2 to the dropdown in sheet1 ?

is it like this?

sows.shape("drop down").oleformat.object.text=des.cell(srange & x).value

it displays/return the value but the problem is if i change the value in the dropdown it is not changing...can you help me?

lucas
01-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is the dropdown created using data validation or is it a combobox created from the forms toolbar or an activeX combobox?

It would really help if you could post your file or a sample of it without any personal info so we can see what you are doing....some comments in the example would help too.

hit the post reply button at the bottom left of the last post and then when you have typed in your message scroll down and look for a button that says "manage attachments"

gracepinas
01-03-2009, 09:30 PM
hello thanks for the reply...i created the dropdown from the forms toolbar ...if you open my file at the bottom part of sales sheet (sales more information)....i am saving dropdown values from this sheet to transaction sheet when click save transaction.

now what i am trying to do is bringing back what has been saved in transaction sheet in sales sheet if user's click Transaction Level combo box in sales sheet.

you know sales sheet is the input page while transaction sheet is the database

Please help me...

gracepinas
01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
hello?

patrickab
01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Please describe precisely what you are expecting to happen. What macro are you running, where is the data saved, what column do you want returned as the updated dropdown, which dropdown are you referring to (there are 6), where does the data come from - column/sheet and so on.

gracepinas
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
using the combo box transaction level if i click transaction 1 i will be able to display the value transaction level sheet column F row 79 to drop down 425 in sales sheet which is located in sales sheet E241