PDA

View Full Version : Time Stamp Not working

countryfan_n
01-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Hello friends,

I have built this car race temp./game and the codes run smoothly, but require some tweaking:

Problem is : Please look at the cells of range C50:C56, a time stamp should be placed there, everytime "10" is placed in the cells of ranges B50:B56. That is not happening when code "A" runs. That is weird because when "10" is manually placed in the cells of range B50:B56 the time stamp works (I dont want to type 10 manually).

I hope I was able to explain what I need to achieve. If anything seems vague let me know, I would be glad to explain more.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Nawaf

Bob Phillips
01-04-2009, 06:53 AM
This is because a change of value in a formula does not force the worksheet change event.

You could use worksheet calculate and loop through the cells, but the problem there is that the timestamp would be updated every tim a recalculation takes place, for any cell.

I think you would need save the values in B50:B56 and check the value against the saved value, if changed and 10 then update the timestamp. You would need to capture those saved values on workbook open to initialise them.

countryfan_n
01-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi,
If it is not too much trouble, can you suggest anoter code to replace it or an alternative way to go about it?
Thanks
Nawaf

countryfan_n
01-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Hello again folks, please take a look at this attachment.
I'm almost there; need your kind support on this last bit. Please help with the code in sheet "GP".
Problem is, every time a timestamp is placed, it gets overwritten when a new timestamp is entered (in the next below cell).

We are supposed to see several different timestamps (different seconds), otherwise, I won't be able to see rankings.

Your kind help is truly appreciated,
Nawaf